Compulsive lying is a problem that can affect people who have a personality disorder, but pathological lying can also exist in someone who doesn't have a mental illness or a personality disorder. Get the facts, signs and information you need to help determine if someone in your life has a lying addiction.
Traits and Signs
Like any addiction, lying disorders often have traits, signs and cues. Learn to read the people around you and find out if they have a lying problem by getting information like:
- Signs: Learn what the signs of pathological lying are, whether they are verbal or something that is seen through body language.
- Traits: Learn the traits of compulsive liars so you're better prepared to spot them.
- Tests: Find out what tests there are to find out if someone is lying, and learn some of the cues to watch out for.
Lying can quickly make a person feel as though they are in over their head. Get the information you need to feel more confident on topics like:
- Psychology: Get the facts on the psychology of lying and get a better understanding of what goes on when someone lies.
- Treatment: Like many addictions, lying can be treated. Find out what the treatments are for compulsive and pathological liars.
With the right information, you'll find yourself better equipped to deal with an addiction like lying. Turn to the facts found within the articles on LoveToKnow Recovery for help and learn the truth behind the lies.