Drug Addiction Recovery
Recovering from drug addiction is a serious matter that requires dedication, commitment and medical attention. Whether you're looking for information for yourself or for a loved one, the information presented within LoveToKnow Recovery can be a helpful resource in your quest for trusted, understandable information.
Help for Addiction
Addiction recovery has many different facets, from recognizing symptoms to seeking help and beginning the treatment process.
- Treatment options: Educate yourself about the different types of drug addiction treatment and find out about the 12 core functions of addiction treatment.
- Recovery programs: Get a helpful list of 12-step programs and learn details about Narcotics Anonymous and treatment centers like the Betty Ford Clinic.
- Interventions: Get suggestions for what to say at a drug intervention and get ideas for what to do when an addiction intervention fails.
- Overcoming addiction: Find out what is involved in overcoming addiction to drugs like cocaine, meth and Xanax.
- Enabling behaviors: Learn five ways to stop enabling an addict and get focused on helping your loved one survive addiction.
- Withdrawal: Discover what to expect when experiencing withdrawal from drugs like Adderall and Cloneazepam.
When it comes to a problem as serious as drug addiction, there is no substitute for medical advice from a qualified professional. Visit LoveToKnow Recovery as part of the educational process, but be sure to consult with a mental health professional who has expertise specific to drug addiction. If you're not sure where to turn for help, ask your clinical care provider for a recommendation.